Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen’s Hometown Hero Award is an annual tradition that began in 2010. The personal injury law firm recently announced this year’s class, which joins a group of more than 520 previously recognized heroes. Of the 19 recognized, 14 serve or run nonprofits across Virginia.
“Each year at the Allen Law Firm, we look forward to connecting with and spotlighting local heroes who, like us, are committed to carrying out their work in service to others,” said Edward Allen, president of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen.
After being named, the recipients are eligible for future charitable donations through the organization’s community giving program, “Allen & Allen Cares: Helping Our Heroes.” Each month, Allen & Allen awards a $1,000 charitable donation to a deserving 501(c)(3) organization. It also uses the program to connect formerly selected Hometown Heroes with grants to continue to aid their work.
The 2023 Allen & Allen Hometown Heroes include:
- Natalie Jenkins – Finally Home Haven
- Linda & David Jackson – Easter Egg Hunt for Visually Impaired Children
- Karen Coppage – Madison Day
- Latara Ragland – Families Helping Families
- Charles Alexander (“Alex-Zan”) – Member of the Charlottesville 12 and self-described “Edu-tainer”
- Jason Tickle – Habitat for Humanity – Caroline County
- John & Leslie Leahy – The Ceili Leahy Day of Service
- Ronnie Mongold – Young Life – Caroline County
- Karen O’Brien – CARITAS
- Stephan Hicks – My Brother’s Keeper
- Patrice Shelton – Hillside Court Partnership
- Don Koonce – Habitat for Humanity – Goochland
- Joanne Sherman – Joyful Voices Chorus
- Maurice Lambert – RVA Bulldogs
- Timika Cousins – The Faces Behind a Purpose for You
- Tom Bannard – VCU Rams in Recovery
- Vanessa Crawford – Petersburg Sherriff & TRIAD
- Charles Barker – Built 1,200 Desks during COVID & Senior Connections
- Raphael Seligmann – Latinos in Virginia Empowerment Center
To learn more about Allen & Allen’s Hometown Heroes Award and this year’s selections, visit here.
At the date of publication, this organization is a client of The Hodges Partnership.