It’s been a long time coming, but The Phil has finally launched an events calendar! We were getting so many pitches and emails about upcoming events, we wanted to help fill the void in the nonprofit space with a calendar of our own.
Our editorial team plans on using submissions to the calendar to inform future Phil-In’s and stories, so be sure to add your upcoming events!
For now, we’re using a tool on our website to help facilitate this work and we have a member of our team dedicated to reading, reviewing and approving all submissions. We’ve made some tweaks since we launched, so give this quick tutorial a read (and a bookmark) and we look forward to hearing about your upcoming events soon!
- Click/tap “Events” in the main menu.
- Click/tap the “Submit Event” button.
- If it’s your first event, click/tap the “register” link below the login form. You’ll get taken to a WordPress registration page.
- Create a username and email address to associate with your login. Click/tap the “register” button.
- You’ll receive an email with a link to create a password. WordPress will automatically generate a password, or you can set your own.
- Once you login, you’ll see a WordPress dashboard.
- For the best user experience, we suggest you click/tap “View Calendar” in the top menu. This will allow you to submit an event from the website, opposed to the behind-the-scenes view.
- Click/tap the “Submit Event” button again and you’ll find the full form to submit your event.
- Fill out all the fields. If needed, you can create new organizers or venues, as needed. Pro tip: we highly recommend adding a photo for your post. If your event doesn’t have an image, you can upload your organization logo.
- Click/tap “Submit Event” and a member of The Phil’s editorial team will review and approve events within a few days.