Tis the season for giving, so here’s a reminder that your favorite nonprofits count on your support to carry out their important missions. And of course, there’s still time to get in an 11th-hour tax deduction by way of a charitable donation. Here’s a list of local nonprofits that definitely are on Santa’s “nice” list this year.
- Capital Trees: This beautification organization just wrapped its #12DaysOfGiving campaign on Facebook to raise funds for various projects – like planting trees, building gardens, hosting outreach events and more. But just because the 12 Days of Christmas are over, doesn’t mean its ask for donations expires! Donate here.
- Virginia Down Syndrome Association: VSDA launched its inaugural giving catalog, which offers a wide range of donation levels to help support its community. Donate here.
- Girls for a Change: GFAC is hoping to bring new life and growth to its learning garden, and it needs both supplies and funds to help give the garden a face lift. Donate dollars here, or sign-up to drop off supplies here.
- Richmond Behavioral Health Foundation: RBH is asking for the community to give the gift of HOPE this holiday season. RBH relies on community support to serve nearly 13,000 people a year– about 5% of Richmond’s population – regardless of ability to pay. Consider making a gift to help give someone the support they desperately need and deserve. Donate here.
- Birth in Color: The team at Birth in Color set a great goal during Giving Tuesday, but like we’ve said, every Tuesday can be a giving Tuesday! Help the organization reach its next fundraising goal as it has its eyes set on 2023. Donate here.
From all of us at The Phil, our best wishes for a warm and wonderful holiday season, and here’s wishing you all the best in the new year.